topics: agriculture, Hollywood films, cinema, "STAR WARS," "troglodyte" (cave) homes; jump to dispatch
|At 2:00 PM|
November 3, 1997
|Sunrise (local): 6:37 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 5:23 p.m.
|Traveled Since Yesterday|
0 mi / 0 km
977 mi / 1573 km
|Lat: 33° 23' 33" N|
Lon: 10° 05' 57" E
Elev: 1690 ft / 515 m
- Where We Are: Matmata
- Where We're Staying: Centre des Jeunes, Gabès
- Places We Visited: Matmata
- Featured Site: Mos Eisley Cantina of the Sidi Driss Hotel, Matmata
- Person of the Day: Obiwan "Ben" Kenobi
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: dates
- Breakfast: almond bread, yogurt, and pomegranates
- Lunch: chicken sandwich
- Dinner: brik, spaghetti, stuffed peppers, dates, and yogurt
- Olive Count: 992
- Word of the Day: Menfadleka means "welcome" in Tunisian Arabic.
- Tech Fact of the Day: Tunisia has served on many occasions as the shoot location for some very famous foreign and Tunisian films.
- Flat Count: 2
- Broken Spoke Count: 10
Next Stop: Houmt Soukh (on the island of Djerba)!
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.