topics: pastilla (food), Internet access, cultural exchange, Mediterranean Sea, daily life, taxis, wildlife; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
October 10, 1997
|Sunrise (local): 6:14 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 5:42 p.m.
|Traveled Since Yesterday|
0 mi / 0 km
427 mi / 687 km
|Lat: 35° 05' 14" N|
Lon: 02° 13' 30" W
Elev: 0 ft / 0 m
- Where We Are: Saidïa
- Where We're Staying: Hotel Al Kalaa
- Places We Visited: AZ Micro (Computer/Internet Center) , Centre of English Self-Access Material
- Featured Site: Centre of English Self-Access Material
- People of the Day: Mr. Mohammed Allal and Mr. Najib Bachiri
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: pastilla, or pigeon pie
- Breakfast: pastries and tea
- Lunch: the sun
- Dinner: sandwiches
- Olive Count: 368
- Words of the Day: Arabic numbers from 1 to 10
- Tech Fact of the Day: We were all interested to learn that back in the 18th century, the very first country to recognize the United States of America as an independent country distinct from England . . . was Morocco!
- Flat Count: 2
- Broken Spoke Count: 2
Next Stop: Melilla!
Internet access and Web hosting while in Morocco were provided by AzureNet.
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.