topics: border crossing, Phoenicians, HISTORY, language, environment; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
October 8, 1997
|Sunrise (local): 6:16 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 5:53 p.m.
|Traveled Since Yesterday|
0 mi / 0 km
363 mi / 584 km
|Lat: 35° 17' 40" N|
Lon: 02° 56' 30" W
Elev: 0 ft / 0 m
- Where We Are: Melilla, Spain
- Where We're Staying: Hotel Al Mahatta (Nador)
- Places We Visited: Melilla Tourismo Office, Ciudadela
- Featured Site: Moroccan-Spanish border (no pictures allowed!)
- Person of the Day: Housewife who tried to drive us to Pub Triple 20
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: PIZZA!
- Breakfast: something hot and tortilla-like, beignets, and juice
- Lunch: pizza and coffee
- Dinner: herira and bread
- Olive Count: 315
- Word of the Day: Ciudadela means "old part of city" in Spanish.
- Tech Fact of the Day: Language is your friend!
- Flat Count: 2
- Broken Spoke Count: 2
Next Stop: Saidïa!
Internet access and Web hosting while in Morocco were provided by AzureNet.
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.