BikeAbout the Mediterranean: Palestine
BikeAbout-the Mediterranean was a nine-month, 11,000-kilometer circumnavigation of the Mediterranean Sea... by bicycle. The BikeAbout team visited Palestine from December 7, 1997 to December 11, 1997 and from December 13, 1997 to December 15, 1997. To read about what happened, see any of the following trip dispatches:
- December 7, 1997, Gaza City, Palestine
- Topics: Intifada, security checkpoints, border crossing, leaving Egypt, environment, vegetation
- December 8, 1997, Gaza City, Palestine
- Topics: cultural exchange
- December 9, 1997, Gaza City, Palestine
- Topics: maftoul (food), Khan Younis, Intifada, HISTORY, PLO, cultural events, women in society, environment, family life
- December 10, 1997, Gaza City, Palestine
- Topics: malfoof (food), Yassir Arafat, HISTORY (Gaza), Alexander the Great, rules of the road, refugee camps, environment, Palestinian daily life
- December 11, 1997, Gaza City, Palestine
- Topics: opportunity for cultural exchange; Mediterranean beach; environment, refugee camps, Intifada, Palestinian daily life
- December 13-14, 1997, Hebron, Palestine
- Topics: zatar (food), Palestinian activism, West Bank, administrative detainees, Israeli settlements, HISTORY, Oslo Peace Accords, Israeli/Palestinian conflict
- December 16, 1997, Beit Sahour (near Bethlehem), West Bank
- Topics: Arabic greetings, security checkpoints, Shepherds' Field, religious sites, Israeli/Palestinian conflict
In addition to reading these dispatches, we encourage you to visit these resources:
- BikeAbout Palestine Scrapbook
- Photos and sounds gathered by the BikeAbout team; maps of Palestine.
- About Palestine
- Basic facts about Palestine's government, economy, and people; links to other sources of information on the 'Net. Compiled by BikeAbout.
Internet access while in Palestine was provided by PalNet.
Copyright 1998-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.