topics: Intifada, security checkpoints, border crossing, leaving Egypt, environment, vegetation; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
December 7, 1997
|Sunrise (local): 6:38 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 4:39 p.m.
|Traveled Since Yesterday|
53 m / 85 km
1476 mi / 2377 km
|Lat: 31° 31' 56" N|
Lon: 34° 27' 07" E
Elev: 0 ft / 0 m
- Where We Are: Gaza City
- Where We're Staying: DIA / Diwan el Shabab
- Places We Visited: Egyptian / Israeli / Palestinian border
- Featured Site: Gaza Strip
- Person of the Day: Emad Ahmed
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: spinach rolls (pronounced "ba-leel")
- Breakfast: bread, orange juice, cookies
- Lunch: yogurt, toasted bread, candy bars
- Dinner: Pizza Land pizza, salads
- Olive Count: 1209
- Word of the Day: According to a couple of sources, the word "Gaza" is derived from yah jazah, meaning "to attack."
- Tech Fact of the Day: Security checkpoints
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 3
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 19
Next Stop: We are staying in Gaza City!
Internet access while in Palestine was provided by PalNet. Internet access while in Gaza was arranged by PalNet's representative in Gaza, Modern Electronic Company (MECo.).|
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.