topics: Adriatic Sea, seas, fishing, currency, border crossing; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
April 5, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:32 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 7:20 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
1 mi / 2 km
3476 mi / 5597 km
|Lat: 41° 07' 07" N|
Lon: 16° 52' 11" E
Elev: 148 ft / 45 m
- Where We Are: Bari
- Where We're Staying: Pensione Giulia
- Places We Visited: port of Durrës, the "poltrone" (or "seat") room on the ferry to Bari, Bari at night
- Featured Site: Adriatic Sea
- Person of the Day: Oerd Cukalla
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: chocolate milkshake
- Breakfast: bread, jam, boiled eggs, cookies, tea, orange juice
- Lunch: ham and cheese sandwich, crackers, potato chips and candy bars
- Dinner: hamburgers, fries, milkshakes, and a salad
- Olive count: 2001
- Word of the Day: "Mirupafshim" and "Ja kalofsh mirë" are ways that people say "goodbye" in Albanian. "Mirupafshim" literally means "I hope to see you well," whereas "Ja kalofsh mirë" means "Have a nice day." Both are appropriate sentiments for our departure from Albania because the phrases assume that the speaker and listener will see each other again. We certainly hope this will be the case.
- Tech Fact of the Day: counterfeit money
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 22
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 28
Next Stop: somewhere in Montenegro (probably Bar)[Webmaster's Note: This proved to be optimistic. The team stayed in Bari for a few days, unable to visit Yugoslavia. For more about this, read Ethan's Message.]
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.