topics: tighanopsomo (food), Delphi, Apollo, oracle, equinox; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
March 22, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:36 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 6:45 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
76 mi / 122 km
3423 mi / 5512 km
|Lat: 38° 15' 45" N|
Lon: 21° 44' 22" E
Elev: 39 ft / 12 m
- Where We Are: Patra ()
- Where We're Staying: Patra Youth Hostel
- Places We Visited: Delphi ()
- Featured Site: Temple of Apollo, Delphi
- Person of the Day: Mr. Vasilis Diamantopoulos and his daughter Tanya
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: Tighanopsomo ()
- Breakfast: doughnuts, pastries, juice, and chocolate milk
- Lunch: cheese and ham pastries, spinach pastries
- Dinner: chicken and french fries, cabbage salad
- Olive count: 1894
- Word of the Day: "Kirye" means "Sir" in Greek. We often use it at restaurants, when we ask, "Please, Kirye, may we have some more?"
- Tech Fact of the Day: Vernal Equinox
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 22
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 27
Next Stop: Ioannina ()
Internet access while in Greece has been provided by FORTHNet.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.