topics: medina, harissa (food), computer technology; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
October 21–22, 1997
|Sunrise (local): 6:30 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 5:30 p.m.
|Traveled Since Oct. 20|
0 mi / 0 km
547 mi / 881 km
|Lat: 36° 50' 05" N|
Lon: 10° 13' 03" E
Elev: 0 ft / 0 m
[Webmaster's note: This dispatch covers the travel days from October 21 to October 22. The almanac data refers to October 22.]
- Where We Are: Tunis
- Where We're Staying: Mongi's house
- Places We Visited: Association Sauvegarde de la Médina de Tunis (Association for the Safekeeping of the Medina of Tunis), and the Medina of Tunis
- Featured Site: Medina of Tunis
- Person of the Day: Mr. Zoubeïr Mouhli
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: harissa
- Breakfast: bread, fresh fruit, and coffee/tea
- Lunch: roast chicken, French fries, and assorted salads
- Dinner: a homemade concoction of curried lentils with brown rice
- Olive Count: 542
- Word of the Day: Shuhia taiba means bon appétit or "enjoy your meal" in Arabic.
- Tech Fact of the Day: Although the Internet is not new to Tunisia, private connections through private servers have only been available for about six months. Predictions are that, in this first year of public access, Internet use in Tunisia — including in private homes, schools, companies, and associations — will grow to ten times what it was at the start.
- Flat Count: 2
- Broken Spoke Count: 7
Next Stop: Carthage!
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.