topics: tapenade (food), Monaco, Grimaldi family, French Riviera, more rain; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
June 1, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 5:54 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 9:05 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
55 mi / 89 km
5416 mi / 8722 km
|Lat: 43° 38' 25" N|
Lon: 7° 01' 01" E
Elev: 1122 ft / 342 m
- Where We Are: Valbonne
- Where We're Staying: our host home
- Places We Visited: Menton, the offices of the Riviera - Côte d'Azur Zeitung, Côte d'Azur, Monaco, Valbonne, Cannes
- Featured Site: Cannes
- Person of the Day: Kate Leconte and Luke
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: tapenade
- Breakfast: croissants, cereal and coffee
- Lunch: cheese, assorted meats, fresh fruits, bread
- Dinner: Tex-Mex! - fajitas, burritos, enchiladas, beans, rice, salsa, tortilla chips
- Olive count: 2235
- Word of the Day: "Salut" means "hi" in French. It is the familiar way in which friends greet each other.
- Tech Fact of the Day: Monaco is yet another independent country
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 35
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 32
Next Stop: somewhere on the way to Marseille
Internet access and Web hosting while in France and Monaco were provided by I-Link.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.