topics: capelletti (food), bicycle advocacy, Vatican Museum, history, art, Emperor Constantine, Roman Empire, Christianity, Etruscans, Middle Ages, Renaissance, Michelangelo, Sistine Chapel, Lateran Treaty, Vatican City (Holy See); jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
May 20, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 5:47 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 8:27 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
0 mi / 0 km
5000 mi / 8052 km
|Lat: 41° 54' 09" N|
Lon: 12° 27' 26" E
Elev: 322 ft / 98 m
- Where We Are: Roma (Rome)
- Where We're Staying: the apartment of our hosts in Roma, Gianni and Paola
- Places We Visited: Vatican Museum (including the Sistine Chapel), University of Roma, IT.net-Roma, Trastevere, Roma by night
- Featured Site: Vatican Museum
- Person of the Day: staff at IT.net, Roma
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: capelletti
- Breakfast: corn flakes and yogurt
- Lunch: cookies
- Dinner: pasta, beans with sausage, pork, salad, cauliflower
- Olive count: 2144
- Word of the Day: "Figo" means "cool" (as in really neat-o) in Roman dialect.
- Tech Fact of the Day: Vatican City is a separate state within Italy
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 31
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 32
Next Stop: We are in Roma for one more day.
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.