topics: Aquileia, Attila the Hun, tourism, history, Roman Empire, antiquities, mosaics; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
May 2, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 5:55 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 8:14 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
57 mi / 91 km
4304 mi / 6931 km
|Lat: 45° 49' 49" N|
Lon: 13° 10' 33" E
Elev: 112 ft / 34 m
- Where We Are: San Giorgio di Nogaro
- Where We're Staying: the home of Mardelena, Octavio, Giorgio and his family
- Places We Visited: Aquileia
- Featured Site: Aquileia
- Person of the Day: Antonio Lanza, Ph.D.
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: spaghetti carbonara
- Breakfast: cornflakes, orange juice and coffee
- Lunch: white bread and orange marmalade
- Dinner: homemade sausage, spaghetti carbonara, salad, bread, fried calamari and fruit
- Olive count: 2081
- Word of the Day: "Buon giorno" is how you say "good morning" in Italian.
- Tech Fact of the Day: control of Trieste has historically been a complicated issue
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 23
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 29
Next Stop: Venezia (Venice)
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.