topics: Kajmak (food), shrapnel, Mostar, Mladi Most, HISTORY, Kujundz(h)iluk (Old Quarter), Pavarotti Center, Stari Most (Old Bridge); jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
April 17, 1998
|Sunrise (local): NA|
Sunset (local): NA
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
80 mi / 129 km
3719 mi / 5989 km
- Where We Are: Mostar
- Where We're Staying: in the apartment of our friends from Mladi Most
- Places We Visited: Neretva River valley, Mostar, Mladi Most, Pavarotti Center
- Featured Site: Mladi Most
- Person of the Day: the gang at the Mladi Most
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: Kajmak is a local cheese that is very soft and creamy. It is so creamy and smooth that at first the BikeAbouters thought it was butter.
- Breakfast: cornflakes, juice and coffee
- Lunch: brownies, peanut butter cookies, apple pastries, coffeecake and coffee
- Dinner: spaghetti à la Anthony and Ethan, tomato and cucumber salad, garlic bread
- Olive count: 2040
- Word of the Day: "Sloboda" means "freedom" in Bosnian.
- Tech Fact of the Day: shrapnel and "sidewalk roses"
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 23
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 28
Next Stop: somewhere along the Croatian Dalmatian coast on the way to Split
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.