topics: octagonal castle, Frederick the II, Trulli houses, sudden change in travel plans; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
April 10, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:27 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 7:24 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
83 mi / 134 km
3559 mi / 5731 km
|Lat: 41° 07' 07" N|
Lon: 16° 52' 11" E
Elev: 148 ft / 45 m
- Where We Are: Bari
- Where We're Staying: on the ferry to Dubrovnik
- Places We Visited: Castel del Monte
- Featured Site: Castel del Monte
- Person of the Day: Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: "blood" oranges of Sicily
- Breakfast: yogurt, pastries, juice
- Lunch: fruit, sandwiches, soda
- Dinner: salad, pizza, pastas
- Olive count: 2028
- Word of the Day: "Capisco" means "I understand" in Italian. This is a good word to know, especially if you don't speak Italian. This way, by throwing in the "non" for "no," you can tell people "Non capisco italiano," when they start talking to you in Italian!
- Tech Fact of the Day: flexibility and determination are survival skills
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 22
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 28
Next Stop: Back to the Balkans - Dubrovnik, Croatia!
[Click here for more from Italy!]
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.