topics: sanduic (food), HISTORY, Illyria, Danube, Emperor Diocletian, Ottoman Empire, World War I, Skanderbeg, AEDP, school life; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
April 1, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:26 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 7:04 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
0 mi / 0 km
3474 mi / 5595 km
|Lat: 41° 18' 57" N|
Lon: 19° 49' 14" E
Elev: 344 ft / 105 m
- Where We Are: Tirana
- Where We're Staying: Motel Armstrong
- Places We Visited: Visits: Albania Education Development Project, Open Internet Center, Ismail Qemali Secondary School, Kombëtar Park, Skanderbeg Square
- Featured Site: National Museum of Albania
- Person of the Day: Angela, Mirj, and Swela
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: sanduic
- Breakfast: coffee
- Lunch: ham and cheese sandwiches
- Dinner: bologna and cheese sandwiches, mince meat pastry, cheese pastry, chocolate eclairs
- Olive count: 1972
- Word of the Day: What sounds like "Yu shem e bugor" means "You are so pretty" in Albanian. This is one of the phrases Swela refused to teach Anthony during his vocabulary lesson. She did not want him using his new language skills for nefarious purposes.
- Tech Fact of the Day: Skanderbeg
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 22
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 28
Next Stop: We will be in Tirana for a few more days.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.