topics: karishik komposto (food), tears, injustice, Cistern, Hippodrome, symbolism in religious arts; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
March 4, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:36 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 5:57 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
0 mi / 0 km
3068 mi / 4941 km
|Lat: 41° 00' 32" N|
Lon: 28° 58' 52" E
Elev: 22 ft / 35 m
- Where We Are: Istanbul
- Where We're Staying: still at our host homes - Bengül's for the guys and Serpil's for the gals
- Places We Visited: Hippodrome (Obelisk), Cistern, around the Old City
- Featured Site: Cistern!
- Person of the Day: andrEa Siegl
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: karishik komposto (fruit salad)
- Breakfast: bread, jam, cheese, tea
- Lunch: yogurt, juice, cookies
- Dinner: mushrooms, smashed potatoes, beans
- Olive count: 1819
- Word of the Day: "Git" means "Go!" in Turkish. It's also the name of the alternative outdoor magazine of Turkey that will have an article on BikeAbout in the next issue.
- Tech Fact of the Day: BikeAbout's money woes
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 21
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 26
Next Stop: Thessaloniki (), Greece
Internet access while in Turkey has been provided by Raksnet.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.